PRINCE2®: There are a number PRINCE2 manuals and this PRINCE2 manual page will provide an overview of the following manuals:
- PRINCE2 Introduction Manual
- PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Training Manual
- PRINCE2 Official Manual - Managing Successful Projects
- PRINCE2 Official Manual - Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
- 1 PRINCE2 Manual: PRINCE2 Introduction Manual
- 2 PRINCE2 Manual: Foundation Training Manual
- 3 PRINCE2 Manual: Practitioner Training Manual
- 4 PRINCE2 Official Training Manual: Managing Successful Projects
- 5 PRINCE2 Official Manual: Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
PRINCE2 Manual: PRINCE2 Introduction Manual
This is a high-level introduction to PRINCE2, which provides an excellent introduction to PRINCE2 and shows how a PRINCE2 project works from start to finish staring with the project idea (project mandate) and ending with closing the project. Most introduction PRINCE2 books introduce the reader to PRINCE2 Principles, Themes, and Processes and do not show them working together. The result of this is that readers end up with a very scattered overview of what PRINCE2 is.
This PRINCE2 PDF manual book takes much different approach. The focus is on how a project works from starting the project (project startup), to running the project and finally to closing the project. Therefore for this PRINCE2 PDF manual (Introduction to PRINCE2) provides you with the following:
- A very high level introduction to PRINCE2 using the PRINCE2 Process Model
- Shows relationship between PRINCE2 processes, themes and principles
- How a PRINCE2 projects starts and how it moves from one process to another
- When, where and by who the necessary PRINCE2 documents are created
- Covers the roles of the Project Manager, Project Board members, Executive, Senior Supplier
- How the Project Board controls the project using: 1) stage tolerances, 2) reports and 3) decisions
- And how the final product is handed over to the customer and a typical project closes
This introduction is both useful for a PRINCE2 classroom and online course.
- Download the Introduction to PRINCE2 PDF
- Watch the Introduction to PRINCE2 Video (same data in video format)
PRINCE2 Manual: Foundation Training Manual
This PRINCE2 manual is 100% focused on the PRINCE2 Foundation Syllabus and therefore provides includes all the information you need to to get familiar with PRINCE2 and to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation course and exam.
The main objective of this PRINCE2 PDF manual is to help the reader to get a good understanding of PRINCE2, pass the PRINCE2 exam and get the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification. This is the only PRINCE2 PDF manual that is focused on the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus and therefore the only manual needed to learn PRINCE2 & pass the Foundation exam.
The official PRINCE2 manual (Managing Successful Projects) from AXELOS is a reference manual (not a training manual) but can be rather difficult to read if you are new to project management or PRINCE2 and it should not be used to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam as you only need about 30% of the information. Still many PRINCE2 training companies incorrectly give the official manual to candidates studying for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam which is very wrong. This is why this PRINCE2 PDF manual (Foundation Training Manual) has already become the #1 book for people who are preparing for the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam.
How this Foundation Training Manual different from the official AXELOS PRINCE2 manual?
- It is a training manual while the AXELOS official manual is a reference manual
- It provides many examples of Management Products (this makes PRINCE2 easier to understand as you can see project examples)
- It is focused on the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus and Exam, so you are not learning stuff you don't need for the Foundation Exam
- It provides an overview of what is important to know for the exam at the end of each chapter which is very important
- It provides an overview of the type of questions to expect (chapter by chapter)
- It is also available in PDF format making it easy to search and you can also print this.
PRINCE2 Manual: Practitioner Training Manual
The main objective of this PRINCE2 PDF manual is to provide an easy to read and easy to understand PRINCE2 guide that covers the full PRINCE2 Practitioner syllabus. The idea for this book came from the questions there were received from people trying to learn PRINCE2 and after reading the official AXELOS PRINCE2 manual “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2″ which they found difficult to read.
The official PRINCE2 Manual for the Project Manager is an excellent reference manual but can be difficult read if you are both new to project management and PRINCE2.··So this book is meant to be and is an easy to read PRINCE2 manual that also provides lots of examples to help explain the many new PRINCE2 topics. People also find it must easier to use and read the official PRINCE2 manual after reading this PRINCE2 PDF Practitioner Training manual.
How is this training manual different from the AXELOS official PRINCE2 manual?
- It is a training manual while the AXELOS manual is a reference manual
- It provides many examples of Management Products which is important for the Practitioner course
- It use examples to·help explain new PRINCE2 terms (this making new terms easier to understand)
- It provides an overview of what is important to know at the end of each chapter
- It is available in PDF format making it easy to search.
- It is available in audio format (audiobook)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Training Manual
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Training Manual – Audiobook
- PRINCE2 Sample Project
PRINCE2 Sample Projects: The PRINCE2 Sample Project is a must for any person who is preparing for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. It is important to have a good understanding of the PRINCE2 management documents (Business Case, Product Description, Project Brief, ..) and how they can be used in project . The PRINCE2 sample project provides an example of many of the PRINCE2 documents. It is a pity that they are only two others examples of PRINCE2 projects available, the PRINCE2 Sample Project and Your first PRINCE2 Project. There is also one in progress at The Shade House Sample Project
PRINCE2 Official Training Manual: Managing Successful Projects
This is the official PRINCE2 manual and you are allowed to use this manual during the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam as it is an open book exam. However, there is normally little time to use it. It is available in paper and PDF formats but the PDF version is rather limited and can only be printed once.
This manual has been designed to be a role specific handbook (reference manual to keep on your desk) for Project Managers, Team Managers and Project Support. However I think the manual is not practical for Team Managers or Project Support roles.
It explains the principles that underpin PRINCE2; describes the seven PRINCE2 processes and ‘Key Themes’ of project management, specific to PRINCE2, that are required for the processes to be effective; cross-references techniques that may be applied. The manual also explains how to tailor the method (which is not easy to do unless you have both PRINCE2 and project management experience); and, provides context of when and how to use PRINCE2 for different project environments (e.g. standalone or as part of a programme).
This PRINCE2 manual contains chapters on the PRINCE2 Processes: 1) Starting Up a Project, 2) Directing a Project, 3) Initiating a Project, 4) Controlling a Stage, 5) Managing Product Delivery, 6) Managing Stage Boundary and 7) Closing a Project. In addition, the guidance also looks at the wider role of the Project Manager, including: some soft skills of the project manager; leading and managing; stakeholder engagement and communication planning; organisational change management; PRINCE2 in different types of organisation and cultures; and, training needs for project teams.
This title includes just a few real world examples and illustrations in each chapter. However it does contain extensive appendices on the following topics:
- Product Descriptions;
- Role Definitions – Responsibilities
- Product Based Planning example
- Health Check (good process to check a project)
PRINCE2 Official Manual: Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
This PRINCE2 manual is the "companion" of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2. Although the two titles have a different focus (one if for the Project Manager and the other is for the Project Board), they share much of the key content regarding the PRINCE2 methodology. For this reason, it's not necessary to go through both these PRINCE2 training manuals in order to attain a good understanding of PRINCE2.
Designed as a role specific handbook and addressing senior managers as well as project board members (Senior User, Senior Supplier and Executive), this book provides detailed information on how to use PRINCE2 in project management. In so doing, it presents and discusses techniques which allow the use of the PRINCE2 method.
Beside providing an overview of PRINCE2, this manual contains chapters on the Project Board duties and behaviours, as well as its activities which include the decisions they have to make:
- Starting up a project;
- Authorise initiation: First decision after Start-Up
- Authorise the project: Decision after the Initiation phase
- Authorise a stage or exception plan: Decision at the end of each stage
- Give ad hoc direction: Giving feedback and advice to the Project Manager during the project
- Authorise project closure: Last decision to close the project
- Reviewing benefits: This is another way to control the project
- Tailoring PRINCE2: Checking to see how PRINCE2 has been tailored to suit the project
The title includes real world examples and illustrations, together with extensive appendices on:
- Product Description Outlines
- Role Descriptions